So you’ve just invested in eye-catching graphics for your vehicle, transforming it into a rolling billboard for your business or a reflection of your personal style! Now, it’s essential to take proper care of those graphics to ensure they maintain their vibrant appearance and longevity. Here are some tips from the Graphics Experts at AJ Signs to help you protect your vehicle and keep it looking its best for years to come.
Tips For Protecting Your Vehicle Graphics
- Avoid Extreme Temperatures: One of the most important things to keep in mind when it comes to preserving your vehicle graphics is to avoid exposing them to constant extreme temperatures. Direct sunlight can cause the graphics to fade or warp over time, while extreme cold can make the vinyl material brittle. Whenever possible, park your vehicle in the shade or garage to shield it from these temperature extremes.
- Wait Before Washing: After the installation of your graphics, it’s crucial to give the adhesive time to cure and adhere properly to the vehicle’s surface. Avoid washing your vehicle for at least 48 hours after the graphics installation. This waiting period allows the adhesive to set, ensuring a strong bond between the graphics and the vehicle.
- Hand-Washing Is Best: When it comes time to wash your vehicle, opt for a gentle hand-washing approach. Use a soft sponge or cloth and a mild, non-abrasive soap. Avoid harsh chemicals or abrasive cleaning agents, as they can damage the vinyl material and cause the graphics to deteriorate. Gently clean the graphics, taking care not to apply excessive pressure or scrub vigorously.
- Keep Your Vehicle Clean: Regularly cleaning your vehicle is essential for preserving the appearance and integrity of the graphics. Dust, dirt, and debris can accumulate on the surface, creating a breeding ground for scratches and other forms of damage. By keeping your vehicle clean, you prevent these particles from grinding into the vinyl and causing unnecessary wear and tear.
- Avoid Car Washes with Brushes: While it may be tempting to take your vehicle through an automated car wash for convenience, it’s best to avoid car washes that use brushes when you can. These brushes can be too abrasive for the vinyl graphics, leading to scratches, fading, or peeling. If you must use a car wash, opt for a touchless one that utilizes high-pressure water jets to clean your vehicle without causing damage to the graphics.
- Don’t Use Wipers on Perforated Window Vinyl: For vehicles with perforated window vinyl graphics, it’s important to refrain from using your rear wipers or ice scrapers. The movement of the blades can catch on the perforations and potentially tear or stretch the vinyl, resulting in unsightly damage. Instead, consider using alternative methods to keep your rear window clear, such as using your cars defroster.
- Try Not to Lower Windows with Perforated Vinyl: Similar to avoiding the use of wipers, it is generally recommended to avoid lowering windows with perforated vinyl graphics. The same issue applies—the graphics can get caught on the window and start to stretch or tear. If possible, keep the windows closed or use other ventilation options to maintain airflow inside the vehicle.
By following these tips, you can ensure that your vehicle graphics remain vibrant, attractive, and in top condition for an extended period. Remember to protect them from extreme temperatures, avoid washing for 48 hours after installation, hand-wash gently, keep your vehicle clean, avoid car washes with brushes, and be cautious with perforated window vinyl. With proper care and maintenance, your vehicle graphics will continue to make a lasting impression on the road. If you’re looking to transform your vehicle into something sleek and eye-catching, email the AJ Signs Vehicle Graphics Experts at email@example.com!